Sunday, March 3, 2013

If at first you do not succeed, try, try again . . .

Another great saying that has resulted in some amazing discoveries and inventions. For me, its going to be to keep going on my goal even though I missed it by a LONG shot!

For those of you who are keeping record, yes, I missed writing my blog last week. Not only did I not squeeze in writing it, but I didn’t get any of the sleep I wanted, if fact I got less than the week before.  Best laid plan not quite achieved, this week. But I’m not giving up. There is always a learning curve and I’m just riding the wave.

I’ve gotten a BIG lesson in the value of life and time this week. A friend of mine who just celebrated her first wedding anniversary with her husband and is finishing the plans of preparation for their first child, a son, also just buried her husband yesterday. He was 31 and suddenly died. She is due next month and is now a single mom. That was NOT in her plans at all.

I’m still just so shocked on how life can change dramatically in a blink of an eye. The things that seem so huge and daunting fade into no big deal with a little dose of perspective. I’ve gotten a lot of dosages of perspective this year and I’m going to keep them fresh and create some benefit out of them.

So how does this all link back to not succeeding and trying again? Well for me, I’ve realized I can do my best daily with my plans but there are some things that I have to put high on the list. I didn’t get a fraction of the things done this weekend that I ‘wanted’ to get done or felt like I ‘needed’ to get done. But I did get to spend some amazing time with my family and at the end of the day, that is what is MOST important to me. I can try again tomorrow to get things done and try again tomorrow to get more sleep, but I may not have tomorrow to try again to spend time with my family and that would be devastating. I’m going to keep on plugging away at my goals and not let a little life get in the way of reaching them. Cuz dang’it, life is SHORT and I have to make the most of each moment I have cuz you never know when it will be your last.

Tomorrow, I will try again . . .

 

--
Breeta Garland
Shaklee Business Leader
Ready to LIVE the DREAM?
602-561-3137
Breeta.MyShaklee.com
www.Super180.com

No comments: